Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The struggle continues, the battle joined


Come, water the roots!

This Saturday, February 17, 2007 at a polling place near you. Probably at 10:00 a.m. but, check here if you don't know for sure.

What are you on about?

The Buncombe County Democratic Party starts the 2008 election cycle this Saturday with precinct meetings. Well, actually, the whole state Democratic Party is, but it is county by county. If you are outside Buncombe County, here is where to look.

Yeah, Uh Huh. Sure.

No, really. I have never done this either. I have no idea what to expect. I do know that I do not want to be sitting in detention three years from now and wonder why it happened. I want to stand up and tell my daughters that I did what I could to keep the Democrats moving in the right direction, and I want to keep the wacko leftists we have in the Asheville City Hall right where they are. And since it is not covered in the news media (especially what we refer to as a newspaper and TV station here) it must be something that is good for democracy in general.


Thanks to Scrutiny Hooligan for the blatant theft of the image. His post is better than mine anyway.


No comments: