Thursday, January 1, 2015

Colorless December...now Colorless Winter

I was going to end up this month of black and white and lots of camera phone shots mixed with old newspaper work with a grand, eloquent post about the feel and the why of photography, but I soaked my brain in a hot-tub and took a trip to Cades Cove in the Great Smokies National Park today instead.

Oh well. As Kurt Vonnegut said, "Hi ho."

This is one of several old churches in the Cove, just as the sun peaked up over the NC mountains through the frosty trees. 

Oh, so, yeah, I have been having so much fun doing this, I decided not to quit right yet, so if you like this, you are most likely a masochist and very fortunate. If you hate the whole series, well Jonas Gerard in the River Arts District hates black and white, go chat with him.


 This little guy with the big rack was completely oblivious of the dozens of people taking photos of him, just kept munching on acorns and grass.


One of my favorite things to do with little waterfalls is make them look big by removing any reference to size. Or color. 

No comments: